DUBAI SUMMER TRAVEL GUIDE

DUBAI SUMMER TRAVEL GUIDE

budget accommodation in dubai

Hi guys! Here’s a quick Dubai summer travel guide. I was there on September 2017 and the summer season was slowly shifting to winter. It’s called shoulder/off peak season and almost everything is at its lowest price. The humidity was bearable during our visit. The only downside of visiting during off peak season is that the Miracle Garden’s closed for redecoration and will only open during winter time (November-May). So take note of that if Miracle Garden is on top of your places to visit in Dubai. Overall, our four day trip was beyond amazing and we were able to cover some of the best touristy/non-touristy spots.

Reason to visit during Summer

Off-peak season, visit September – October (Shoulder season), lots of deals! You can find luxury hotels and tours up to 50% off.

Where to stay

Affordable: Rove Hotels or AirBnB apartments overlooking Marina Bay

Splurge: The Palace Downtown or One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai

Check the cheapest prices of these luxury hotels here.

Summer Essentials

Sunblock, sunnies, hat/scarf, light clothing

Things you shouldn’t miss

Visit the tallest building in the world – Burj Khalifa

Desert Safari – Read about my experience here

Dubai Mall

Best places to eat

Breakfast: The Daily

Lunch: Lunch or brunch buffet at Ewaan

Dinner: Arabic buffet included in Desert Safari package

Where to shop

Dubai mall has all the brands you could imagine. Skip the souvenirs in attractions and malls and head over to Spice Souk for the same quality at cheapest price.

Famous Instagrammable Spots

At the top, Burj Khalifa

The Palace Downtown

Desert

Madinat Jumeirah, Souk Al Bahr, Spice Souk

Public beach outside Burj Al Arab

Why I would come back

Dubai boasts so many activities and it’s impossible to cover everything during a three day trip. Coming back for skydiving, sunset yacht around palm jumeirah, dining in burj al arab, atlantis the palm, waterparks, beach clubs, and so much more!

Let me know your thoughts about Dubai by commenting below! xx

Share:

35 Comments

1. October 13, 2017 / 3:02 pm

Your photos are captivating! Especially the one of the divers. I would love to explore Dubai one day. <3

• October 13, 2017 / 3:11 pm

Thanks Meg! You should! Dubai won’t disappoint! So many things to do πŸ™‚

2. October 13, 2017 / 3:18 pm

Great pics. How hot is it during summer anyway? And is it any different from the other months?

• October 13, 2017 / 3:44 pm

Hi thanks! Temperature can rise up to 45 degree celsius during summer but it’s the humidity that’s unbearable and suffocating. November to March are great months when the weather gets quite chilly. πŸ™‚

3. Mario / the-backpacker.net
    October 13, 2017 / 5:35 pm

Looks stunning. I’ve just had transits till now in the UAE but never made it to one of the cities itself. I wonder if one can go scuba diving or buggy-riding in the dunes there. Maybe i’ll consider a stopover next time i fly to Asia πŸ™‚

• October 14, 2017 / 3:38 am

Hi Mario! Buggy riding in the dunes is one of the famous activities in Dubai and is usually included in the desert safari package. You can actually do a lot even for just a 12 hour layover in one of the cities in UAE. πŸ™‚

4. October 14, 2017 / 3:40 pm

Gorgeous photos ! I have heard so many people saying that they loved visiting Dubai. It’s a city that conjures up images of Vegas-like glitz (minus the gambling and drinking, ha, ha). One thing is for certain – this city is more than a stopover destination ! I would love to get there and get under this city’s skin.

• November 4, 2017 / 11:18 am

I couldn’t agree more! People can only drink at certain places which makes it more exciting. 😜

5. October 27, 2017 / 5:21 pm

Lovely pics. Burj Khalifa is one of the places in my bucket list.

• November 4, 2017 / 11:21 am

Thank you! Hope you could visit soon! It feels amazing to see the city from the tallest building in the world. ☺️

6. October 27, 2017 / 5:28 pm

Wow, amazing pics and a very elegant blog. I like it πŸ™‚ Thank you for sharing, I didnΒ΄t think about Dubai as a destination before but now is on my bucket list!

• November 4, 2017 / 11:22 am

Thank you so much for appreciating the blog’s design πŸ’– It’s a great city and it’s becoming more affordable. Glad it made to your bucket list! πŸ˜€

7. Marvi
    October 28, 2017 / 3:33 am

Love your photos! You really captured the ‘summer feeling’ πŸ˜‰ . Too bad about missing the Miracle Garden. Will really take note because it’s on my to-do list when I am able to visit! πŸ™‚

• November 4, 2017 / 11:29 am

Thank you!! πŸ€— Wish I could tick Miracle Garden off my Dubai bucket list soon too!

8. October 28, 2017 / 12:25 pm

These photos are gorgeous!!! I love the one of you sitting on the window ledge looking down at the city, it gives such a cool perspective of the skyline. Dubai definitely sounds like a great place to travel for a little luxury!

• November 4, 2017 / 11:32 am

Thank you! Dubai is a great travel destination. So fun to know how the city transformed from a humble fishing settlement to becoming the best of the best in all aspects. Thanks for dropping by Holly! πŸ’–

9. November 4, 2017 / 4:58 pm

Dubai looks extremely Instagrammable! I have many friends who visited there and their photos are beautiful! Would love to visit when it’s not too hot!

10. November 4, 2017 / 6:03 pm

Dubai does look fabulous but I think the heat and humidity would be too much for me at that time of year. Your photo’s are all stunning !

11. November 4, 2017 / 7:41 pm

Your photos are amazing. I want to visit Dubai, I’ve heard great things.

12. November 5, 2017 / 1:14 pm

These are beautiful photos. This post is exactly why Dubai has never been on my bucket list. I’m not a shopper, I like culture and good food and I love getting good value for my money. Is there something in Dubai for me too?

13. Mary
    November 5, 2017 / 2:18 pm

Stunning photographs! Great advice about some places being closed during the low season. I haven’t been to Dubai, but it is definitely on my list.

14. November 5, 2017 / 3:35 pm

Omg, your picture make me want to take the first fly to Dubai! I would really love to visit it!

15. Living Naturally News
    November 5, 2017 / 5:09 pm

Such a magnificent place! Although I found the summers a bit too hot for my taste. I’ll be going again for New Years Eve.

16. November 5, 2017 / 7:58 pm

I would really love to visit Dubai one day but what will definitely make me hesitate is the heat involved. I would literally over heat.

17. November 6, 2017 / 7:58 am

Your photos are stellar. Looks straight out of an editoral magazine.

18. thetennisfoodie
    November 6, 2017 / 11:18 am

I was just in Dubai few days ago! I should have seen this post prior to my trip!

19. November 6, 2017 / 3:32 pm

Dubai is so beautiful! It is definitely a bucket list destination and not just for its buildings its sea and sand, I really want to uncover it gems and find its beauty!

20. November 6, 2017 / 5:07 pm

Your pictures are amazing! Everything looks so beautiful! Looks like a great place to check out.

21. Ruth I.
    November 6, 2017 / 5:45 pm

All of the photos are beautiful! I believe Dubai is one of the most visited place because of the activities and nice places it offers.

22. November 6, 2017 / 10:47 pm

Your photos are captivating I totally love them. I would love to visit with my hubby

23. November 7, 2017 / 10:12 am

Wasn’t it like insanely hot during the summer? I’d love to visit but I don’t do well with the heat.