A TASTE OF CAMELCCINO AT OBSERVATION DECK AT 300

A TASTE OF CAMELCCINO AT OBSERVATION DECK AT 300

I originally planned to have a taste of the famous 24 karat cappuccino at Emirates Palace after our visit in Sheikh Zayed Mosque. But due to having too much fun on our last day in Dubai, I forgot to make a reservation. I know! I still tried to call Emirates Palace the same day but the next available time would be 3:30PM. My dad even asked if we really have to make a reservation for a coffee. IT’S A 24 KARAT GOLD CAPPUCCINO. So yes, reservations are required. Our scheduled time going back to Saudi Arabia is 1:00PM since we are traveling by land and we don’t want to be caught up driving in the middle of the desert at night..no street lights..scary. We skipped the golden coffee and went to Abu Dhabi’s highest point instead. Thank God the travelling mermaid has a Plan B 😉

Welcome to Observation Deck at 300!

observation deck at 300 jumeirah etihad towers abu dhabi

Location

Observation Deck at 300 is located on the 74th floor of Jumeirah Etihad Towers. The tall building soars 300 metres above sea level and is one of the highest vantage point in Abu Dhabi. From the elevator at the basement parking up to the observation deck, everything was very impressive! And by everything, I’m talking about the interior design, food & beverage, hotel staff, and of course the 360 degrees view of Abu Dhabi.

Price

The entrace ticket for visitors is AED85 per person and includes a AED50 voucher which can be used at the observatory’s cafe. Alternatively, you can have a high tea while watching the sunset at Abu Dhabi’s skyline. Price is AED175 per person.

Dress Code

Casual or smart casual. I’ve seen some guests wearing shorts and it’s fine.

What To Order

Try the camelccino; a capuccino with a twist! The milk used is camel milk. Expect your coffee to be creamy AND frothy! My dad tried their signature cocktail and it was the perfect refreshment after a long walk around Sheikh Zayed Mosque during a hot day. We tried their grilled chicken and smoked turkey sandwiches as well and they were so meaty! The AED50 food voucher included in the entrance fee was definitely a great deal.

jumeirah etihad towers abu dhabi the travelling mermaid blog

Skipping the 24 karat gold cappuccino at the Emirates Palace gives me a reason to go back. Our experience at Observation Deck at 300 was an excellent alternative as the place sets an ambiance perfect for relaxation all while enjoying a cup of tea or coffee with 360 degrees view of Abu Dhabi. Hence, it was the perfect way to end our UAE trip.

Have you tried drinking a camelccino? or maybe the 24 karat gold coffee? Let me know about your experience in the comment box below! xx

Share:

13 Comments

1. November 4, 2017 / 10:31 pm

I had no idea there was anything like a 24 karat gold cappuccino but now I want to go experience that, too! It looks like you had a great time anyway. What an amazing view from the top!

2. November 5, 2017 / 7:29 am

Now that is one place to get a drink and a view at the same time. This is now on my list when I get to Abu Dhabis….soon I hope 🙂

3. November 6, 2017 / 10:01 am

This is really special. Going to Abu Dhabi is on our travel list, probably as a short stop over. Thanks for the useful info !

4. November 7, 2017 / 3:26 am

A cappuccino with camel milk. I had to say that to myself three times to believe it. Same thing with the 24-carat coffee. For a stopover destination, that’s a lot to digest in Abu Dhabi…

5. November 7, 2017 / 7:45 am

I’ve never been to Abu Dhabi but I heard it’s very modern and wealthy! That observation deck looks really classy. And hahaha! A reservation for coffee, seems very fancy.

6. lukeandmeagan
    November 7, 2017 / 5:32 pm

Everything really is more luxe in Abu Dhabi! We haven’t made it there yet, but it sounds fantastic. It’s easy to forget reservations for something like coffee, but I’m so glad you found a viable and TASTY alternative 🙂

7. Tami
    November 7, 2017 / 6:12 pm

I’m not a coffee drinker, but it looks to me that the views far outweigh the taste of any beverage anyway! What a stunning place to see Dubai from !

8. November 8, 2017 / 3:01 am

We were familiar with 24 karat gold cappuccino but not about the camelccino. Getting a reservation done before is also something new and quite fancy to us. How was the taste of camelccino except being creamy?

9. November 8, 2017 / 4:46 am

First of all it would be a thrilling experience to visit the Observation Deck at 300 is located on the 74th floor of Jumeirah Etihad Towers. The views of the city must be really fantastic.I was wondering about the Camelccino and the connection of Camel with a cappuccino when I read about the camel milk being used to make this capuccino. Have never tasted camel’s milk but have heard that it is creamier. I am sure the cappuccino had a unique flavour and consistency because of the milk.

10. November 8, 2017 / 4:59 am

Oh wow! I had never heard of a 24 karat cappuccino – what a cool thing to say you’ve drunk! Beautiful views from the Observation Deck at 300 – the camelccino sounds pretty crazy – I don’t think I’ve tried camels milk before! Keeping the 24 karat cappuccino on your bucketlist is definitely a great reason to head back!