Here are 16 nostalgic photos from Cambodia that I found in my hard drive. I thought I’d share them with you.
Looking back at these pictures reminds me so much of my college life. This was an educational trip where new friendships were formed, old friendship bonds were strengthen and unforgettable memories were created. My friends and I had a lot of fun during this trip and the best moments were unfortunately not captured by the camera.
Date visited: November 2014 as part of our University’s International Exposure Marketing Trip with the itinerary Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani-Laos-Siem Reap.
Places visited: The magnificent Angkor Wat Temple, Bayon Temple which is located inside of Angkor Thom, and our last stop was Ta Prohm which was one of the shooting locations of the famous action movie ‘Tomb Raider’ starred by the hollywood celebrity, Angelina Jolie. Each temple is unique and I believe these three are the most popular temples to visit in Siem Reap.
The school arranged all our meals which consist of buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at different Cambodian restaurants. We also enjoyed shopping at Siem Reap’s night market and even went out of our nice hotel after curfew to enjoy Siem Reap’s night life in PUB Street which is by the way one of the best nights I’ve ever had. The crowd, the music, the atmosphere and the mix of different energies made PUB Street a place worth going back to.
- Full body Cambodian massage is available at the night market for $1-2.
- Vendors in the night market prefer US dollars over their local currency. I bought usual souvenirs, magnets, Cambodian shirt, bottoms with traditional elephant print and a colourful elephant hand weaved tote bag.
- Prepare your barter skills.
- Bring umbrella, extra change of clothes, sunscreen and water when touring the temples since the heat can be really exhausting.
- Wear proper clothing when visiting temples.
- Do not miss the fresh fruit shakes available at stalls, the shopping scene in night market & the PUB street.
Our visit in Siem Reap may be short but it was unforgettable.
Have you been to Siem Reap? How was your experience? Were you able to enjoy the night market and PUB street as much as I did? Do share your thoughts at the comment section below. 🙂